Anekal Rehabilitation Education And Development (READ) Centre was registered inKarnataka, India as a society in 1984 by a group of socially committed individuals whowere from different faiths, regions, education and professional skills with a motto of ”Forthe People, by the People and of the People” to rehabilitate, resettle the post leprosy,disabled and displaced people. Read more>>
- Promotion & collaboration with state & central government schemes
- City Neighbourhood Library & Village Community Libraries
- Career & Personality development counseling (by appointment only)
- Formation of women Self Help Groups (SHGs)
- Rural women leadership and micro enterprises for economic enhancement
- Sustainable livelihoods for the landless people
- Forest dwellers developmental activities (Forest safety & tree plantation)
- Supplementary Education for under privileged children in urban/rural areas
- Slum Students Education Scholarships
- Elderly Care Home
- Students & interns placements from Colleges & Universities
- Research & documentation on development topics
Every person has an equal opportunity to participate, enhance the dignity with quality of life to create sustainable development for future generations.
Work with the community by motivating, educating and strengthening local good governance to create lasting solutions to end poverty, hunger, and social disparity and to build sustainable livelihood alternatives.
To motivate, educate and organize the community for participatory development activities.
To improve the nutrition, health, hygiene and education of under privileged children to build better future.
To assist the women at risk to set up sustainable livelihood activities to improve their socio – economic status.
To train and equip the working constituency in leadership, local good governance and holistic development practices.
To collaborate and network with local, state and national governments and like-minded institutions for people centered activities